We’ve spoken at length about how proud we are to put the health and wellbeing of our team as a priority.
Our Wellbeing Team, made up of representatives from across our business, meets once a month. Their function is to promote healthy initiatives, bring in new ways of working and to promote good physical and mental health throughout Unitas.
In the last year, the Wellbeing Team has come up with numerous campaigns to support the team:
- Weight loss competition
- Fresh Fruit provided in all of our staff kitchens
- Blood Pressure Machines provided in all of our staff break areas
- Scales and healthy weight charts provided in all of our staff break areas
- Lunchtime activities such as walks and crafts
- The introduction of an outdoor seating area and garden in our Cromer Road depot
The Wellbeing Team has a number of ideas for activities and awareness activities we can share with the team in 2023.
We’ve also made our team aware of Blue Monday, with a further assurance through our trained Mental Health First Aiders, that if anyone is finding January difficult, there is help and support available.
We’re looking forward to sharing some more of our Wellbeing plans throughout the coming year!