As we’ve discussed before, Unitas’ commitment to our Corporate Social Responsibility could not be stronger. We’re proud of our city, our environment and our team and we’re here to prove it. It’s fair (and accurate) to say that CSR is the beating heart of Unitas and we’re delighted to confirm that in the 2022-23 financial year, we’ve given back over £1,121,226 in CSR Payback.
By doing ALL of this:
- We employed 3 Apprentices.
- We provided 10 Work Experience opportunities.
- We raised £8,070 for our chosen charity, Cancer Research UK.
- We donated 200 Easter Eggs to the Hubb Foundation.
- We organised a team wellbeing walk around Berry Hill Fields.
- We became a Fostering Friendly Organisation and organised a drop-in day for our team to engage with The Fostering Network.
- We volunteered with BBC’s DIY SOS.
- We sponsored the SPACE Scheme.
- We climbed Mt Snowden.
- We introduced a Fruit and Vegetable Patch to our Cromer Road depot.
- We donated our time and equipment to Tri Services & Veterans Support Centre as they moved into the Tontine Centre, Hanley.
- We crowned Ryan Steadman as our Apprentice of the Year.
- We became a Be The Future Employer.
- We organised and installed new internal doors to Joiner’s Square Community Centre.
- Our Apprentice, Brooke Chomyn was nominated and commended at the Staffordshire Youth Awards.
- We donated 120 bags of unwanted items to Cancer Research UK for reselling in their shops.
- We took part (and came third) in The Lord Mayors’ Charity Football Tournament, raising money for Brighter Futures and The Hubb Foundation.
- We took part in a number of Careers Talks and Presentations for National Careers Week.
- We donated paint to Symmetrical North Staffs.
- We created a Wildlife Garden at Ash Green Primary School and built Bird Boxes with their pupils.
- We volunteered our time and a vehicle for the Douglas Macmillan Christmas Tree collection.
- We donated first aid equipment to Pebbles Legacy Dog Rescue Charity in Fenton.
- We carry out monthly litter picks in the areas surrounding our offices at Cromer Road.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved this year, and we want to build on it to make 2023/24 EVEN better. We’ve got some BIG plans and a new chosen charity to unveil…